Sunday, July 29, 2018

Re-Wiring Time for Productivity

When will it happen?  When will you make it happen?  If you are a generally busy person, you need to nail down segments of time.  Let me provide an example.

Writing this piece takes time.  I have an appointment at 11:00 am.  It is now 9:15.  I need a half hour to shower and get dressed.  That gives me 45 minutes or so to write this and then I am out the door.

So what? (you may ask).  Here's the deal.  I am consciously jamming productivity into my day.  I am being mindful and intentional.  I am taking action.  This has been the case for the 100+ posts I have written for my readers, in addition to all the other things I do to grow my business.

Now, apply this snippet to your own life.  How can you best-utilize bits and pieces of time?  It starts with understanding the big picture of what your firm commitments are (work or going to class, sleep, personal hygiene, eating, walking your dog...) then all the rest of your time is "at play" in terms of how you divvy it up.

There is no more important resource than time.  This is all about how you intentionally use it - or, you capitalize on the use of it.

Jam productivity into your day.  In this context, it is about building your business, however, whatever your passions... make things happen.  Be awake, be alive, and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment