The Semantic Soup of Sponsorship
I had a short exchange with an Opinion Leader on Social Media recently. We are involved with the same platform that is both a tool and an income opportunity. His thought was, "Your referrer owes you nothing but their referral code, anything more is a bonus". I took him to task and here's why. In my mind, this is a distinction without a difference if you split the hairs of the referrer, sponsor, enroller, upline... Semantically, they all connote the same thing. The person I was "arguing" with was attempting to make the case that given that we market a "tool", it is no different than Aweber (an autoresponder "tool") and the Affiliate Program for Aweber does not require selling your soul to the person you enroll for (in this case, for this program) $100. Or, as he said it, "they don't own you for $100". I disagree to the extent that everyone deserves a shot at profitability. In the "opportunity" portion of this to...

Comments
Post a Comment