Thursday, April 4, 2019

My Conversation with a Hedge Fund Owner

It has been interesting since my profile has elevated on Linkedin, I am getting contacts from various people seeking synergies - open to exploring how we may be of benefit to each other.

This morning I spoke with Matt who owns a hedge fund and says he is in the lineage of Warren Buffet... in terms of training and philosophy.  He tells me he learned from a guy who learned from WB...

In describing my business, I found myself saying that my goal is to give people the skills to improve their circumstances... the guy or gal who is one paycheck away from disaster... Joe or Jane Sixpack who doesn't know that a whole universe of opportunity exists that s/he had no idea about... and is thrilled to get in on "the game" once this portal to new opportunity presents itself.

On the other hand, his "pitch" was essentially about good months and bad months with about a 10% monthly return in the good months... annualized to about 30-40%.  Seems to me, that would be a whole lot of heartburn in suffering through the bad months and a wild roller coaster ride.  Phew!

I told him my business does not require a large up-front capital investment, is much less risky as a result and can realize a 200% return over and over again within days or weeks... with an incremental, progressive investment scenario that is perpetually self-funding.

I described reinvestment and this resulting in sequential and strategic growth... all backed by a Learning Community where we teach skills, processes, and mindset.  I told him about our model of people helping people to visualize and actualize becoming a professional home business owner...

It was a great opportunity to contrast two ways of making money.  On the one hand, a Hedge Fund owner seeking big chunks of money to invest, and; me providing the juxtaposition of earning money through growth... both personally and financially - fueled by human beings, not algorithms and market speculation.

Obviously, I think ours is a better path to long term financial security.

No comments:

Post a Comment